Your Privacy Is Important To Us.
Welcome to J Stout Auctions (“J Stout Auctions”, “we”, “us” or “our”). J Stout Auctions provides heavy industrial equipment and vehicle consignment and auction services as well as some consumer retail sales of vehicles and equipment, both through live auctions, web based online auctions and on site retail sales.
connection with J Stout Auctions (collectively, the “Service”), and your choices about the collection and use of your information.
By using our Service you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to post content, including photos and other materials (“User Content”), to the Service, to view and bid on items on our online auctions, to view items for sale at our live auctions, and to potentially share User Content publicly.
1. Information We Collect. We collect the following types of information: information you provide us directly, including, your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a J Stout Auctions User Account; profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number); User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service; communications between you and J Stout Auctions, for example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
A. Analytics information. We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information, but only after first removing personally identifiable information from it across Users, so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
C. Log file information. Your browser automatically reports log file information each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users that then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
D. Device identifiers. When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by J Stout Auctions. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help others or us provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
E. Metadata. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
F. Statistical or Aggregated Information. Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users in a particular zip code. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information, such as combining a precise geographical location with the User’s name. If we combine Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
3. Sharing of Your Information. We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside J Stout Auctions (or the group of companies of which J Stout Auctions is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
A. Parties with whom we may share your information: we may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that J Stout Auctions is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can view your content.
B. We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
C. We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
D. Post Testimonials. We may post testimonials on our website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain the User’s consent to use the User’s name and testimonial. If the User wishes to update or delete the User’s testimonial, please contact us, and be sure to include the User’s name, contact information and testimonial location.
E. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share such anonymous data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
F. Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content: any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others. Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use pursuant to the J Stout Auctions website related software. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service.
H. Responding to legal requests and preventing harm: we may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we J Stout Auctions receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. How We Store Your Information. Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which J Stout Auctions, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities. J Stout Auctions, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
B. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, J Stout Auctions cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to J Stout Auctions or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
C. Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and J Stout Auctions, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to social media services, websites or applications you use that connect to, or interface with, J Stout Auctions. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. Your Choices About Your Information. You may update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings. You may unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Following termination or deactivation of your account, J Stout Auctions, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. J Stout Auctions does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
8. Deceased Users. In the event of the death of a J Stout Auctions User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
10. Security. The security of the User’s personal information is very important to J Stout Auctions. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect the User’s personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. In addition, J Stout Auctions uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details. When the User enters sensitive personal information such as the User’s credit card number on our site, we encrypt it using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. In the event that the User’s Personal Information is acquired, or User or J Stout Auctions reasonably believes that the User’s Personal Information has been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, J Stout Auctions will notify the User by e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail. J Stout Auctions will give the User notice promptly, consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or J Stout Auctions to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data.
11. Sensitive Information. We ask that the User neither send us nor share any sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership).